To provide the full range of expertise, the APFM and IFM HelpDesk are actively supported by a network of professional institutions that form the Support Base of our programme and provide technical backup. The SBP meets regularly (either virtually or face-to-face) to share opportunities for development of joint activities on IFM, and are consulted by the APFM Technical Support Unit to provide input in response to HelpDesk requests or in the formulation of project proposals.
Our Support Base Partners give inputs in the following areas of activity:
- Advice and advocacy for flood management policy and strategy formulation;
- Technical advice on the (inter-) national, regional and local level;
- Facilitation of workshops and trainings supporting the Integrated approach of Flood Management;
- Development and provision of flood management tools and capacity building material; and
- Formulation of objectives and scoping for flood management proposals.
Products and services of the Support Base Partners are available for consultation through the catalogue of services.