Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra) offers a combination of practical, innovative and interdisciplinary scientific research across many disciplines related to the green world around us and the sustainable use of our living environment. Aspects of our environment that Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra) focuses on include soil, water, the atmosphere, the landscape and biodiversity ‒ on a global scale as well as regionally, from the Dutch polders to the Himalayas and from Amsterdam to the Arctic.
Learn more about Alterra.
Cooperation with APFM
The areas of cooperation are:
- Flood and drought risk management in international river basins
- Governance of flood and drought risk management
- Integrated approach to climate change adaptation
- Flood risk management and natural based solutions in urban areas
- Capacity development in integrated flood management