CIMA is a non-profit research organization committed to the promotion and support of scientific research, technological development and training within the fields of Civil Protection, Disaster Risk Reduction and Biodiversity.
Founded in 2007 as the outgrowth of the pre-existing Inter-University Centre for Research in Environmental Monitoring, CIMA Research Foundation was founded by the Italian Civil Protection Department, the University of Genoa,the Regione Liguria (Government of Liguria Region), and the Provincia di Savona (Administration of Savona Province).
Learn more about CIMA.
Cooperation with APFM
The areas of cooperation are:
- Early warning and flood forecasting
- Flood modeling and flood mapping
- Hazard and vulnerability assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Flood insurance, risk sharing
- Flood damages (first assessment from satellites)