To support countries in the implementation of Integrated Flood Management (IFM) within the overall framework of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) to maximize net benefits from the use of their floodplains and minimize loss of life and impacts.
Countries implement Integrated Flood Management and, thus, minimize life losses, enhance their prosperity and move towards sustainable development.
Key Strategic Areas and Goals
APFM’s Key Strategic Areas can be seen in the image on the left while the goals stemmed from those areas are:
- Assisting countries, regions and communities in the implementation of IFM
- Collecting and disseminate knowledge on IFM
- Advocating for IFM
- Strengthening partnerships to increase technical, institutional, and financial contributions to IFM
- Efficiently and effectively manage APFM
- Support the establishment of a Community of Practice for the end-to-end early warning system for floods and IFM in general