Terms of Reference for Consultancy – Gender Expert
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, Associated Programme on Flood
Management, Hydrology and Water Resources Division and in coordination with other
officers of WMO departments, the consultant will have the following responsibilities and
– Familiarize with the scope and operations of APFM
– Review the collected information and draft version of the Training Manual on Gender Mainstreaming in End-to-End Early Warning System for flood forecasting and Integrated Flood Management
– Finalize the training manual on mainstreaming Gender in End-to-End Early Warning System for flood forecasting and Integrated Flood Management.
1. A draft version of the Training Manual on Mainstreaming Gender in End-to-End Early Warning System for flood forecasting and Integrated Flood Management
2. A final version of the Training Manual on Mainstreaming Gender in End-to-End Early Warning System for flood forecasting and Integrated Flood Management incorporating comments and suggestions from WMO Experts, Partners and Advisory groups.
Masters degree or equivalent in Gender related field, water resources management, disaster management, engineering or a closely related field.
At least 5 years of national and international progressively responsible experience in Gender and development related area, of which a minimum of two years in an international organization. Experience of writing Training Manual and revising technical documents and reports. Experience in Operational Hydrology, Community Based Flood and Drought Management, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), climate services, ecosystem aspects and climate information in decision-making is desirable. Experience in
implementing capacity development activities, particularly in developing countries.
Good Experience and understanding of the facilitating a training and capacity development activities would be an asset.
Good knowledge of UN programmes and activities, other international organizations and International Finance Institutions. Demonstrated experience in capacity building, project management, planning and coordinating. Strong sense of responsibility, maturity of judgement, and initiative. Good analytical and communication skills. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to foster diversity and team spirit.
Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French will be an asset.